Sunday 18 October 2009

Do Dogs Hate Halloween? Hear Answers from the Mouths of Dogs!

To view this email as a web page, go here.

Dog Crazy Newsletter

Sunday October 18, 2009    

Do Dogs Hate Halloween? Hear Answers from the Mouths of Dogs!

Hi Readers,

Is your dog afraid of Halloween? Many dogs are. Why? We've got the answers right here, straight from the mouths of the dogs themselves.

The noises can frighten them to the point that they run away or bite. I've seen dogs with no history of aggression bite when frightened on Halloween. All the scary costumes and screaming can be too much for them (it can be too much for me sometimes, too).

So keep your dog safe this Halloween. I want to warn you about some of the things dogs hate about this "creepy" holiday.  Here they are, spoken from the mouth of a dog!

Doorbells - "That darn doorbell rings and rings. My owners answer it and then it rings again. I get excited, I bark and they yell at me. I don't get it."
������
Scary Costumes - "Ugly, evil-looking things come to the door, and for some strange reason my owners smile and give them things. I don't know what they get, but I'm sure it's tasty. The whole ritual is scary and just plain weird. Why do they do that? If I did something like that they would haul me off to the "funny farm"."
������
Screaming Kids - "As if the noise and the costumes aren't bad enough, there are all those screaming kids to contend with. Screaming children chanting little rhymes that only a mother could love. Like I said, I just don't get it."

No Treats for Me - "On top of it all, there is an abundance of candy going from hand to hand ... chocolate, candy bars and goodies that make a real dog drool. But I don't get any. None. Stingy people."

They Ignore ME - "There I am - barking and doing my dog thing - but no one pays any attention to me. I try to join in on the fun but they keep telling me to go away. With all these new people here at this Halloween party, a dog has lots of important sniffing to do. I need to get to know these people to make sure they are safe for my family to be around."

Weird Music and Sounds - "People play the most ridiculous music - it makes me want to howl."

Jack-O-Lanterns and Candles - "There are weird shadows on the walls and an eerie ambiance of ghostliness ... it would not surprise me if Casper came flying out of the wall and said "boo"!"

So keep in mind the things dogs hate about this holiday and try to minimize your dog's exposure.
 
Enjoy the holiday safely.

Until next time,

Dr. Jon


P.S.  What's a great way to make this scary holiday a lot more fun for your dog? Give him his own special holiday treat! I've got just the thing. It's my
Halloween Trick or Treat Collection
... with a fun holiday toy and a tasty treat. The toy is a creepy green troll with hairy orange armpit hair and a lizard tongue! The treat is Wagatha's all-natural breakfast biscuits ... with maple, oatmeal, bananas and apples. Now that's good eating! To get my Halloween collection for your dog, just click on the image below, or go to:

http://www.petproductadvisor.com/halloween-kit-dog

Halloween



FTAF 12

TODAY'S SPECIAL SAVINGS OFFER

HalloweenKit_300x250_Dog

TODAY'S PET TIP

Chocolate Toxicity in Dogs

The amount of chocolate required to poison your pet depends on the type of chocolate he's eaten.

White chocolate has the least amount of toxins and baking chocolate or cocoa beans has the highest.


Learn More

Dog Video, Halloween Video
© Copyright 1999-2009Intelligent Content Corp., All Rights Reserved
petplace.com | 20283 State Road 7, Suite 400 | Boca Raton | FL | 33498
This email was sent to: petownersworldwide@gmail.com

This email was sent by: petplace.com
20283 State Road 7, Suite 400 Boca Raton, FL 33498 USA


We respect your right to privacy - view our policy

Manage Subscriptions | Update Profile | One-Click Unsubscribe

No comments:

Post a Comment